"Recovery" DVD??

Discussion in 'Linux' started by box, Nov 16, 2008.

1. box

box

I have an issue with my AOA 110 not connecting to the network - apparently an update 'broke' something. Not a Linux person by any means. Anyhow, I have a DVD that came with the system labeled " Linux V1.0.9". I'm assuming this is the recovery DVD. However, the DVD just contains the Linux build files but no recovery utility. There's no autoplay that walks you through the process. I've copied all the files from the DVD to two different (Toshiba & Kingston) 2GB FAT32-formatted USB drives. When I try to boot to these devices I get either a "No bootable partition" or a very quick message that I can't read before the machine goes into the O/S.

I want to get this thing restored to the factory settings but can't figure out how. Any ideas??

box, Nov 16, 2008
  2. box

box

Nevermind. I just figured it out. From a pc, boot to the DVD to create the USB boot disk. Duh...

box, Nov 16, 2008
Ask a Question