Recovery Media for Satellite C850-1GL

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by lewis3a, Jul 9, 2023.

1. lewis3a

lewis3a

Hi,

The hard drive in my Toshiba C850-1GL recently died and I need to reinstall the original Windows 8 onto a new SSD. I have put the new drive in but don't have any original recovery media.

Does anyone have any recovery media that they have and would back up and share or that they could create from their machine and upload to a file sharing place like archive.org or google drive etc?

Toshiba/Dynabook have recently deleted all the drivers for the Toshiba Satellites, so a clean reinstall would not be possible.

Info that might be useful:

TOSHIBA SATELLITE C850-1GL

PART NO. PSCBWE-09E00NEN

Thanks in advance,
    Lewis

lewis3a, Jul 9, 2023
  2. lewis3a

Firewatcher

Hi Lewis, I have just put an SSD in my Toshiba 855-1GP, and downloaded the original drivers for that model from Driver Scape, then did a clean install of Windows 7 SP1 which again I downloaded from the internet onto a DVD. Mine originally had Win7 so used the same Product Key. All fine, and the drivers you need are available from the same site. The original Toshiba supporting utulity files are not there, but if you want them you can probably find what you want on another site. I have a DVD drive, but if you want to install from USB there is a Microsoft Utility USB/DVD Download tool which will create a bootable USB direct from anISO file- again freely available on various websites.
    Pete

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    Firewatcher, Jul 11, 2023
  3. lewis3a

lewis3a

Thanks for your help. I've downloaded the drivers from Driver Scape, just wondering how I can make a Windows 8.1 DVD- is it the same USBDVD Download tool?

lewis3a, Jul 11, 2023
  4. lewis3a

Firewatcher

Yes , it works for USB & DVD creation. I used it on USB, but an alternative is to download the ISO File you want and use Windows Disk Image Burner to create a bootable DVD. Worth having the verify box checked if you choose to burn the image to DVD. Either option will work - I still use Windows 7 for both ways. Just check Windows Image Burner is set as Default in the Control Panel Optopn 'Default Programs'
    Link for Download and guidance on using the USB/DVD Utility see TechSpot site.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    Firewatcher, Jul 11, 2023
Ask a Question