Recovery USB and error 17

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by alexone, Jul 4, 2009.

1. alexone

alexone

I bought Aspire One 150-aw with Linpus installed on it. I made a bootable usb drive to install windows 7 from it. I managed to get to the windows 7 installation screen but cancelled it because I wasn't sure about the partitions. After that Aspire would boot but it would get stuck at the Aspire One blue screen, with the caps lock light flashing. So then I made a recovery usb drive with the recovery cd that comes with Aspire One. Used it, the system worked as it did originally, however when I tried to install windows 7 again by booting from the the same usb drive that I used before I simply got "Error 17" and nothing would happen. If I tried to use the Apsire One recovery usb drive by booting from it, it simply would get skipped and go to loading normally to the desktop.

I googled around and Error 17 has something to do with grub and MBR, but any information on it either deals with Ubuntu or Fedora, and any fixes are beyond my understanding. Are there any Linpus specific solutions I could try?

alexone, Jul 4, 2009
Ask a Question