Recovery usb

Discussion in 'Linux' started by alex199020, Sep 26, 2008.

1. alex199020

alex199020

I'm trying to make a recovery USB for my AA1. I unplugged all my hard drives from my PC and booted from recovery DVD. Had my USB plugged in (Freecom FHD-XS. I think this could be the problem but i doubt it as the bios can see it). When i select create recovery DVD the drive just "speeds down" (not sure how to describe) and does nothing. I've left it for 15 minutes and nothing happened. When i looked at what was on the USB after this it was still empty.
    Does the DVD just copy it self onto the USB and if so would simply copying the DVD to the USB and then booting from USB on the AA1 work?
    Thanks for the help!

alex199020, Sep 26, 2008
  2. alex199020

jccguays

Hi, I did that on my PC first time and it worked.

I'm trying to remember that the process lasted about 15 minutes and I can see this pendrive in windows: its format it's not recognized. I used a pendrive of 2GB.

Best regards

jccguays, Oct 1, 2008
  3. alex199020

wher2guv

You need to highlight the buttons in the recovery program by clicking them then hit the return key to actually press them.
    It took me a little while to figure this. ;)

wher2guv, Oct 22, 2008
Ask a Question