Reinstall Disks for AAO 110?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Russet, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Russet

Russet

I have read the thread relating to the AAO 150, but I cannot seem to find downloads of the XP install CD for the 110. I have the Windows product key that came with my netbook, but it won't work with my Windows XP SP1 install CD that I have from my old desktop computer. Please let me know where I might be able to find them, or any work-arounds I can use to get a legal install of Windows Xp on my AAO once more! I wiped the hard drive and installed Ubuntu, so please don't suggest using the recovery partition or making an image of my existing drive. Thanks in advance!

Russet, Jun 1, 2010
  2. Russet

OldPhil

You can get the disks from Acer quite cheap, contact tech support!

Phil

OldPhil, Jul 7, 2010
  3. Russet

Swarvey Moderator

You can also google the instructions to "Slipstream" the windows XP service packs into your own XP CD. Once you've updated the CD with SP3 your key might work. Guessing though that for it to be 100% reliable, you'd need to have an OEM XP CD. The product key on your AAO will be for an OEM install, and probably won't work with a corporate or retail release.

Swarvey, Jul 8, 2010
Ask a Question