Reinstall original sound driver - help

Discussion in 'Linux' started by acerxodan, Jul 24, 2009.

1. acerxodan

acerxodan

Hi, I recently bought a Acer Aspire1 with Linpus, model AOA110 , my knowlege about linux is almost zero, after many modifications on in that I found somewhere on the net like install Firefox 3.5, install VLC, I don't remember what I did but the sound stopped. When I click on the audio Icon on the bottom right of the screen an error message appears "Nenhum módulo e/ou dispositivo do Gstreamer de controle de volume foi encontrado", in english this means No module and/or Gstreamer device of volume control was found.
    I downloaded the Alsa-driver 1.0.11 and uncompress it and I don't know how to install it, reading the Install.asihpi-alsa file dont help because terms like compile, modules, kernel, are like ET language for me I don't understand nothing I am not Geek I am a normal person, has someone any idea of how to install the original sound driver?
    I don't want to reinstall Linpus with the boot dvd because I had much work on it installing and configurating things like VLC, that Ia had a lot of trouble, Snes emulator, etc.. Thanks in advance for any help.

acerxodan, Jul 24, 2009
Ask a Question