reinstalling Linpus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Pontificator, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Pontificator

Pontificator

AA1 with SSD/Linpus

1. I have installed the data on the recovery DVD to a USB flash drive. Can this flash drive be used for subsequent re-installs of Linpus or is it a one-shot deal?

2. When doing a reinstall of Linpus what happens to the password I entered when I first bought it? Can it be reused?

3. What's to be done with the expansion SDHC card I have in the left-side slot? Do I leave it in? Do I take it out? Should I leave the data on the card? or transfer it elsewhere and then wipe the card clean?

Pontificator, Feb 6, 2009
  2. Pontificator

solpuerto

Hi Pontificator

The recovery software can be used as often as you want.
    The re-install sets the One back to how it left the factory, therefore you will need to enter a password again. It can be your previous one.
    I suggest you take the card out when you do the recovery though I do not think it will effect the data on it as you are restoring the SSD/HD. You will l loose any data you saved to the SSD/HD.
    The SD card is physically separate from the SSD so the data on it should still be relevant to any associated applications that are restored to the SSD. I do not have the HD version but I believe the same will apply.
    If you do not want the data on the SD card just delete it.

Best wishes

solpuerto, Feb 6, 2009
  3. Pontificator

Pontificator

So if your'e going to do a recovery and you pull the SD card out it doesn't matter which option you choose ("yes" or "no") when the red warning window pops up. Is this correct?

Pontificator, Feb 6, 2009
  4. Pontificator

solpuerto

Hi

It is a long time since I did a recovery using the Acer tool, so what are the questions that want a Yes or No answer?
    I use the backup and restore functionality detailed in Macles blog and it does a complete restore of the system "As Was" when you last carried out a recovery, including all data and progs on the SSD but not the SD. A much better tool than the Acer Recovery which as I said before puts it back to "Factory Settings" and loses all changes you have made.

solpuerto, Feb 7, 2009
Ask a Question