removed help button in Favorites

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Simon_W, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Simon_W

Simon_W

Hi, I removed the Help button from the favorites screen in Ubuntu Netbook 10.0.4 Now I don't see how I can put it back. For all other buttons it seems a matter of clicking the plus and add it to fovorites. However I don't see the Help button in the other menus so can't click the plus button.

Simon_W, Aug 18, 2010
  2. Simon_W

GlenMH

Have a look through the preferences and system panes. I think there is a menu editor in there and then you can re-enable the help icon from in there...

GlenMH, Aug 20, 2010
  3. Simon_W

Darryl

You can still access the help system by opening a terminal and typing
    Code:
    yelp
    and of course this could be used to create a new launcher. Right click on the panel, click "add to panel" then create launcher. That opens another window where you can just put "help under name and in the command field enter yelp. This will give you a different (generic) icon which you can faff with if you dont like it...

EDIT
    Found another way. Open the file manager window go into filesystem, then "usr" then "applications". Find the icon then right click and copy/paste it onto the desktop. It can then be dragged onto a panel at the top or bottom of your screen or left on the desktop. I don't have the netbook remix to figure out how to add it to favourites but at least you'll have an icon that works!.

Darryl, Aug 20, 2010
  4. Simon_W

Simon_W

Thanks. Right click on the panel is not possible in the netbook edition.Tried your 2nd suggestion and was able to copy yelp to the Desktop in File manager, however can't see it there on the actual Desktop. Maybe the shell of the Netbook edition does not allow me to see it. It is all a bit different than in the Ubuntu Desktop edition.

Simon_W, Aug 21, 2010
Ask a Question