Removing the Acer Desktop thingy..

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Homey, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Homey

Homey

Finally bought one of these things for my daughter a couple of days ago but she's asked me if I could remover the Acer Desktop and enable the real Linux desktop instead. I've read a few really complicated guides to doing this but have also read about a Script that does this automatically. Can anyone tell me if such a thing exists - I'd rather have a script do it than me muck it up and have to re-install everything from the CD!
    I've already enabled the 'Advanced Menu' - right click to get this menu, that was quite easy!

Also, I've been trying to perform a Live Update for a couple of days now with no success - it always says that it's failed. Is there a trick to doing this? Ive searched on the forum and it seems that I'm not alone in having this problem! Cant see a solution anywhere though!

Homey

Homey, Jan 3, 2009
  2. Homey

16shells

My daughter had asked for this also, but after I enabled the right-click menu, added a few applications via the package manger, and added those programs to the original acer desktop she prefers the acer desktop to the xfce one.

I think this is the link you are looking for :http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1525&start=50#p44953

But it may pay to find out what it is she thinks enabling the other desktop will accomplish, before going through the trouble. :D

16shells, Jan 3, 2009
Ask a Question