Replacement Keyboard

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by waxydead, Feb 22, 2010.

1. waxydead

waxydead

Hello, I recently spilled water onto my aspire one and now the number four key on the keyboard does not work along with a few other minor problems. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could buy a replacement keyboard? Thanx in advance.

waxydead, Feb 22, 2010
  2. waxydead

Swarvey Moderator

I purchased my replacement keyboard on eBay for about $14.00AUD. I've just looked in My eBay and it was too long ago to find which item number or seller it was, but if you do a quick search it probably won't take you too long to find one for a reasonable price.

Swarvey, Feb 22, 2010
  3. waxydead

waxydead

waxydead, Feb 22, 2010
  4. waxydead

Swarvey Moderator

Glad to see you've got it sorted, mine came from a Hong Kong seller with free shipping, but chances are they're probably littered all over eBay. One thing I found that I'm really happy with, is that the HK keyboard, feels stronger and better to type on than the original Acer one. Just be careful when installing, as the last thing you want is even a minor warp in the shape of the metal tray under the keyboard. If it's not perfectly flat you'll end up with a "cushion" effect when typing (feels like you're typing on a pillow) or you'll end up with the dreaded keyboard-bounce.

Keep us posted on your repair.

Swarvey, Feb 22, 2010
Ask a Question