Replacement screws...which size?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tannerjfco, Oct 13, 2010.

1. tannerjfco

tannerjfco

Hello,

I recently picked up an aspire one zg5 that suffered an unfortunate mishap. This in itself is not a problem, i've located much of what I need to repair it. The thing I'm having a hard time with though are replacement screws, as it seems whoever broke this thing also tried to take it apart, leaving 12 screws missing :(.

I found this website that has screws of various sizes, I'm just hoping someone could help me confirm which sizes I need to get.

http://www.trianglelaptops.com/c-43-screws.aspx

Here's what I'm missing:
    -6 LCD bezel screws
    -3 screws for the front of the base that secure the palmrest/bezel
    -3 screws for the I/O board (usb, audio, card reader) located on the right side of the machine above the HDD

I'm thinking the LCD screws should be M2.5x3, the palmrest/bezel either M2.5x5 or M2.5x6, and the I/O board either M2.5x3 or M2.5x5

Thoughts?

tannerjfco, Oct 13, 2010
  2. tannerjfco

Swarvey Moderator

About a week ago I bought myself a complete set of replacement screws for my D250 from a seller on eBay. They're coming from the states (I'm in Australia) but they only cost me $11AUD including postage from the states. It might be worth buying the whole set just so you know you have some spares lying around.

Swarvey, Oct 13, 2010
  3. tannerjfco

tannerjfco

Perfect... I found a set of screws for the ZG5 on ebay for $6 US.

tannerjfco, Oct 14, 2010
Ask a Question