request: EPSX tests

Discussion in 'Linux' started by reaktor, Aug 11, 2008.

1. reaktor

reaktor

Could someone try how EPSX works on aspire one (with both openGl plugin and software rendering). I'm looking for information about how One handles games such as final fantasy 7/8 & grand tourismo.

reaktor, Aug 11, 2008
  2. reaktor

BlackLagoon

I haven't been able to get ePSXe 1.6.0 to work properly with Linpus, though it's 5 years old, and it doesn't look like it works well with recent Linux distributions in general. The developers are working on a new version though (it's already out for Windows), so hopefully that'll work better.

Else, PSX Emulator 1.13 runs, but very slowly, and isn't much fun to use. I see pcsx-df is the Playstation emulator of choice on Ubuntu. There are no Fedora packages for it, but I plan to try to download the source code and compile it myself.

BlackLagoon, Aug 11, 2008
  3. reaktor

esaym

I know 5 years ago the fmv scenes in ff7 did not work. You think that it will nopt be a problem but the fmv scenes are a large part of the game and it totally ruined the experience. But ff7 with 4x anti aliasing was nice (although the backgrounds looked horrid)

esaym, Aug 12, 2008
Ask a Question