Resample a large number of photos as a batch

Discussion in 'Linux' started by malmazan, Jan 29, 2009.

1. malmazan

malmazan

With Windows I use IrfanView, a photo viewer that does some editing as well (I guess ACDSee has a similar function), and I have used Photoshop for a similar purpose.

¿What would be a tool for that on my standard Linpus AA1?

I know GIMP has a command line batch thing, but I am looking for something friendly, with GUI.

malmazan, Jan 29, 2009
  2. malmazan

daldred

There's a thing called 'David's Batch Processor for Gimp' but I don't know of an .rpm for it, so you would have to learn somehting about compiling program - it's not all that hard.

Or there's the command line pure and simple - there's an image resizer built in to Linux as part of the 'convert' command. Deal with all your images in one line of cammond, if you like!

Or you could run Irfanview under Wine on Linux (see this article).

Choices - what Linux is all about :)

daldred, Jan 29, 2009
  3. malmazan

james_mtl

Personally I use Phatch Photo Batch Processor to do batch resize ( and many other transformations ). It's in the ubuntu's repo ( don't know which inux you are using ). Here is their web site : http://photobatch.stani.be/

james_mtl, Jan 29, 2009
  4. malmazan

malmazan

Many thanks for the info

malmazan, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question