restoring xp after installing windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by goose, Jun 11, 2009.

1. goose

goose

hi everybody,

i recntly got my new d150.
    its great machine.
    wondring about some issues:
    i noticed that the d150 has a hidden partion with the xp home oem backuped up in there.
    the erocovery uses it to reinstall xp.
    i wanted to install windows 7 on the main partion the 160gb partion (minus the hidden one).
    to erase to currant xp windows.
    my main question is this , how can i restore the xp-home that came with the d150.
    can i just download the ercovery and run it ?

thanx.

goose, Jun 11, 2009
  2. goose

donec

I would advise you to contact Acer Support and tell them your home made restore disk don't works and ask them to send you the Acer Restore Disk. I did and got them in 5 days.

donec, Jun 12, 2009
  3. goose

Firo

Why not to try dual boot? You have 160G HDD - it will not harm you. If you are happy with WIN7, then you will delete XP.

Firo, Jun 12, 2009
  4. goose

akaGONZO

Like a dumb ass, I deleted everything when I loaded W7 and Ubuntu. Now I want to go back to XP and Ubuntu but keep getting an "IMAGES_TMP_DIR is no longer located in the C drive" error. I ordered backup cds and hope it will work. Is that what happened to you? Did the CDs work?

akaGONZO, Jun 30, 2009
Ask a Question