Retailer Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by adriana, Sep 22, 2008.

1. adriana

adriana

Have you been burned by promises of availability that never materialized? I challenge retailers to be ethical and only take orders for products that have already been shipped by the factory.

So far, in my search for a 6-cell netbook I have been burned by:

1. Buy.com - accepted orders for an MSI Wind 6-cell which they subsequently cancelled as "discontinued", but they immediately re-listed the item on their web site at a higher price!

2. PC Connections - was very confident that they had a shipment of Acer Aspire One 150-1447 coming in 5 days from the date I "called for availability" per their website. What a surprise to learn on the 21st that the shipment is now "expected onthe 29th". Do I have any confidence in this new date? Why should I?

adriana, Sep 22, 2008
  2. adriana

AFflyer71

Order from CDW. They should have their shipment of black ones today (22 Sep).

AFflyer71, Sep 22, 2008
  3. adriana

adriana

The Sapphire Blue has a piece of my heart :>)

adriana, Sep 22, 2008
  4. adriana

dattaway

Microcenter's web site shows me how many is in stock of any model at each store. They have a store down the street from my house and they have what they say they do. They may have a few hundred now, but it rapdily depletes over a few days.

dattaway, Sep 22, 2008
  5. adriana

adriana

adriana, Sep 25, 2008
  6. adriana

Oberkanone

Where is the Customer Hall of Shame?

Some of the buyer's in the CDW thread belong there.

Oberkanone, Sep 25, 2008
  7. adriana

lossfizzle

There's a distinct difference between being an impossible-to-please customer and being one that isn't simply content to be walked all over and lied to. I'm glad they shipped mine out, but after the experience I had and the anecdotal experiences of everyone else here, I certainly won't bother dealing with CDW ever again.

The only person I saw that plainly deserved a beatdown was the guy who came into the thread implying that because his had been shipped out, obviously it must be other people doing something wrong in their interactions with CDW CSRs. And I'm guessing that person was you posting under a different login.

lossfizzle, Sep 25, 2008
  8. adriana

orion007

Auctually your probably referring to me. If you go back and read my posts in order you will see that I was not that way at all until I was insulted. Some of the customers in that thread definately deserved the treatment that they recieved. Acting like a spolied child because they did not ship on the exact day they told you they would is a little childish. They have about 30,000 products that they ship on a daily basis and I am sure that sometimes things get lost in translation especially with customer service reps. To totally give up on a company because they were a day late on a totally new prosuct that no one else has yet, that isn't right. I would say cut them a little slack, your order might not have gona a smooth as you would have liked but your unit did ship so be happy about that. My experience on the other hand was great and I would definately order from CDW again.

orion007, Sep 25, 2008
  9. adriana

Slippers

I think my confusion in that thread was due in part to my impatience. I found the customer service to be rather nice and they actually called me, that has never happened. If I would of taken them for their word and not worried about it for a couple days I would of been fine. The information we were all given seemed different but it is better than Amazon's treatment. Seems they did screw up some orders, I don't know exactly what happened. Can't defend them for that.

Slippers, Sep 26, 2008
  10. adriana

adriana

PC Connections date slips for the 3rd time

PC Connections has now slipped it's "expected arrival" for the 6-cells to October 20th. At least the sales guy I spoke to today was very honest and added "and I cannot even promise that date"....

My order started out with an expected arrival of September 18, then it slipped to September 29, now it has slipped to October 20th. I need a portable solution to take with me on a trip to Australia. Suggestions?

AAAARGH!!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

adriana, Sep 29, 2008
Ask a Question