Return to XP only after Dual Boot leopard

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by srvaao, Feb 25, 2009.

1. srvaao

srvaao

In case anyone needs this, I found this to be helpful. I apologize if it has been done before, but couldn't find what I was looking for with combinations of "restore" "return" "XP" "partition."

I installed iAtkos 5 on a second partition, leaving my original XP partition intact (edited partitions with GParted 0.3.3). I wanted to go back to my original XP partition. I will consider trying Leopard again after the boot-132 method gets adapted for the AAO.

In the mean time, if anyone wants a quick and easy way to go back to a single XP partition,
    1. Boot from a GParted CD
    2. Change the ACER (Win XP) partition to "boot" - mine had Leopard as boot with a Darwin bootloader
    3. Delete the HFS+ partition
    4. Expand the ACER partition to the full drive size.
    5. Click "Apply changes"

After reboot, it went through some Windows diagnostics and repairs and after that, it was back to normal. It is great that you can do this without destroying the original XP partition so you can experiment with dual booting.

srvaao, Feb 25, 2009
Ask a Question