Returning to XP after Ubuntu (jaunty) on D150

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jepa73, Oct 20, 2009.

1. jepa73

jepa73

Hi I could use some help returning to XP after running Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix (jaunty).
    I have been trying with OEM cd and dvd recovery, ¨'ve tried with xp home, xp pro but every attempt halts with a blank screen.
    I have tried formatting the harddrive completely into both NTFS and FAT32. when i try with the xp pro and home cd's they end up asking for a floppy drive since the adress to the cd rom is no good.

Plz help............

jepa73, Oct 20, 2009
  2. jepa73

lucky9

If you destroyed the recovery partition I'd suggest doing a low-level format. Writing zero to the entire disk will prepare it for the DVD recovery tool. Most drive manufacturers have one available on their web sites. If not get a copy of PartedMagic 3.7 and use its tool. Ultimate Boot CD also has some wipe tools available, though I don't like its interface.
    By any chance did you verify that you had a working set of recovery disks?

I'm dual booting SimplyMEPIS 8.0.10 with Windows here but before I did anything I verified that a recovery was possible with the DVD disks.

lucky9, Oct 21, 2009
  3. jepa73

jepa73

Ok, but how do i do that without a working OS?
    I have got a puppy linux live cd, does Gparted have what I need?

jepa73, Oct 21, 2009
  4. jepa73

jepa73

OK, now i've tried partition magic 3.7 but it didn't format my drive at all........

jepa73, Oct 21, 2009
Ask a Question