reversed @ and "

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wilky, Aug 9, 2008.

1. wilky

wilky

Have trawled through trying to find an answer to my problem. Have tried the script for changing the keyboard mapping but it didn't change. So in a nutshell, my @ symbol is were my " are and vice versa. Any Ideas???
    Cheers
    Wilky
    PS. AA1 with Linpus

wilky, Aug 9, 2008
  2. wilky

paul

Hi
    I have the same problem and I suspect (in my case) during initial setup I indicated I wanted the US keyboard and didn't consider i bought the AA1 in the UK...You may have the same problem or the reverse?...I'm trying to figure out how to change to the keyboard for the area where i bought it..If I have any luck I'll let you know, if you succeed I'd appreciate you explaining...

Thanks...paul

paul, Aug 9, 2008
  3. wilky

hmraao

There's a long list of posts on this subject. But, to cut to the chase, try the latest Live Update. It addresses the keyboard layout issue.

EDITED: Note that you may need to run Live Update more than once for it to pick up the keyboard layout fix.

hmraao, Aug 9, 2008
  4. wilky

v8rush

Having just got mine this afternoon (woohoo!), I had the same problem. Right-click on the 'EN' on the icon bar along the bottom, click on "keyboard settings", change it to be English(UK) as default, and reboot as it suggests. All sorted.

Now all I have to do is get used to using a touchpad rather than a pointerstick like on my dearly departed Vaio Picturebook...

v8rush, Aug 9, 2008
Ask a Question