Rhythmbox on Linpus

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by philh99, Nov 10, 2008.

1. philh99

philh99

Hi, I need a good music player that allows me to make playtlists etc.
    On my ubuntustudio desktop, I use rhthmbox which, for music works perfectly.

(I actually want a fully fledged windows media player which is still the best media player on any platform, but that's not going to happen!).

I've tried VLC, which I have to use for videos, which is not too much a problem, as with video I only tend to play one file at a time, however, it's useless at organising a music library.

The default media player is adequate, if you only want to play a directory/album, however, it lacks media library functionality.
    Amorok is nowhere near as good as rhthmbox as I've tried on my ubuntustudio PC.

Can anyone help me get it installed, or please suggest a fully featured media library program that will function comparable to that of rhthmbox.

Thank you, my first two days of ownership have gone well (picasa, gimp, avis, streaming media; just need vpn connection to work and a decent media library).

philh99, Nov 10, 2008
  2. philh99

philh99

I've given up hope and now run UNR which has it already installed and working.

philh99, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question