Right Card Reader on UNR

Discussion in 'Linux' started by samguyjones, Jan 2, 2009.

1. samguyjones

samguyjones

Hey folks,

Currently, the biggest problem I have in UNR is that it can't see the right card reader. I've tried this guide, but it's talking about kernel modules (pciehp, sdhci) which aren't installed with UNR, and I can't find any place that offers the modules.

So does anyone know a way of seeing the right card reader that works with a UNR Heron distro?

-Sam

samguyjones, Jan 2, 2009
  2. samguyjones

arentoine

I'm also looking for an elegant solution to this problem although I noticed that the Right Card Reader is perfectly functional if I boot UNR with both Card Readers (left and right) loaded.

Cheers

Alain

arentoine, Jan 2, 2009
  3. samguyjones

samguyjones

One Solution

I installed the sickboy kernel described here. I was a little nervous because that forum describes a set of problems, but it's a reversible solution. If necessary, I can put an entry in the menu.lst so I can go back and forth.

With the sickboy kernel, I seem to get full function out of both card readers (at least for SDs, haven't tried Memory Stick, and don't really care). I don't know if wifi can be turned on and off, but it got the SD, and that's my main concern. The sickboy kernel is also supposed to do faster boots, but I haven't tested that yet. I also haven't yet had any of the problems people have reported (not even the flash player stickiness Sickboy himself reported).

So I held off for a long time because I was nervous, but it was a quick, and, so far, a painless fix.

samguyjones, Jan 2, 2009
Ask a Question