RMVB issue

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by trops, Aug 5, 2009.

1. trops

trops

Hey guys, i'm from brazil and i recently bought mine (2gb, 250gb, XP) and with kmplayer and cyberlink powerdvd codec i can watch 720 and 1080 hd videos pretty well, but when a try to watch some .rmvb videos on full screen mode it's unwatchable, anyone what can i do ?

thx !

trops, Aug 5, 2009
  2. trops

Felix[GER]

hi trops,

cool that most videos will work for you. KMplayer is really nice! I don´t have any videos in .rmvb, but do you know what codec is behind this fomat? Is it h.264, or VC-1 or other?

Maybe you could post a link of a clip so i can test it. I´m using Windows 7 (RC 7100) an it has very good support just out-of-the-box. The Windows Media Player 12 plays nearly everthing (.mkv, .mov, .avi, .mp4...) without messing around with external codecs or players.

Greetings,
    Felix

Felix[GER], Aug 6, 2009
  3. trops

soccerballtux

rmvb, while similar to, is not mpeg4, and hence will not make use of the PowerVX chip to play the video (currently).

the GMA500 will accelerate VC1, AVC, and Mpeg4 compressed videos.

soccerballtux, Aug 7, 2009
Ask a Question