Rons Tiny XP Install

Discussion in 'Windows' started by djtilko, Apr 29, 2009.

1. djtilko

djtilko

Ive installed Rons Tinyxp on my aao dual booting with sidux, very happy with this but need to get the UK keyboard recognised as it only has the US one and there is no apparent way to change this, If I go into regional settings it keeps asking for a cd setup disk and a file name. Any ideas how to get the UK keyboard working?

djtilko, Apr 29, 2009
  2. djtilko

garrettp

Does it give you the file name it is looking for? If so, do a google search for it or find it on another computer and put the file on your AAO. You can then point to it when it asks for it :)

garrettp, Apr 30, 2009
  3. djtilko

djtilko

We think alike as thats exactly what I have been trying!! it asks for a file which you find then it asks for another and another etc etc mostly font files so I copied all the fonts in one go and it then asked for some other files in the end I gave up!! so now I am trying to make a ghost image of my desktop pc which is running xp and use the same method as Ron to create a usb stick! if this fails then Rons TinyXP will just have to stay on there with the US keyboard. Automatic update is what Ron states to change the keyboard but cant get verification by Microsoft to run Windows Update.

Any other suggestions please would be most welcome

djtilko, Apr 30, 2009
  4. djtilko

milkmanchris

Morning, first post please be gentle

Read post #76 on Rons blog

http://aspireonesoftware.wordpress.com/ ... ons-image/

there is your solution.

Hope this helps

milkmanchris, May 1, 2009
  5. djtilko

djtilko

Yes this is the solution that finally got my keyboard set up as UK it only took 2 minutes once I had this file, but by heck it took 2 days searching for it :shock: would have helped if ron had made it sticky at the top of his blog not left down at post 76!!

Thanks for all the help XP is running great now !

djtilko, May 1, 2009
  6. djtilko

djtilko

Yes this is the solution that finally got my keyboard set up as UK it only took 2 minutes once I had this file, but by heck it took 2 days searching for it :shock: would have helped if ron had made it sticky at the top of his blog not left down at post 76!!

Thanks for all the help XP is running great now !

djtilko, May 1, 2009
  7. djtilko

Guest Guest

It would also a lot faster and easier if you use the SEARCH function.

Guest, May 2, 2009
  8. djtilko

djtilko

Ok Ron take it easy mate :eek:

Didnt even know that there would be a fix on your site or to even LOOK till madmilkman gave me the info, After 2 days of trawling the web I too was not too happy. Anyway, dont worry mate Ive un-installed your version as it was infested with virus !! perhaps others are using it without these problems but good luck to them Im giving it a MISS :D

djtilko, May 2, 2009
  9. djtilko

Guest Guest

The "virus" you mentioned are the files installed to read the censors on the MOBO needed for the Fan controll software. BTW also discussed months ago as wel ;-)

Guest, May 4, 2009
  10. djtilko

djtilko

Thanks for your comments Ron but 'RonsTinyXP' is history for me now. I do wish everyone the best of luck that are still using it though and I do thank you for all your endevours in creating it! For me it was close but no cigar :D

djtilko, May 4, 2009
Ask a Question