Rons Tiny XP :(

Discussion in 'Windows' started by steves cleenz, Mar 28, 2009.

1. steves cleenz

steves cleenz

i got this on my aspire one but not liking it, is there anyway to use the ghost tool to put a proper version of windows on, ie so if i copy my windows CD onto my usb stick instead of the tiny xp image will thsi work ?

steves cleenz, Mar 28, 2009
  2. steves cleenz

avio

Not sure why you would want a full version of windows installed, as far as I can see only the unused parts of windows have been removed unless you want things like windows restore, disc burning and remote admin functions etc.
    You can get ghost to make an image of your computer but not an image from a windows disc. You will have to install this via an external DVD drive.

avio, Mar 28, 2009
  3. steves cleenz

jackluo923

You can get a proper windows XP disk for acer apsire one on demonoid. It comes with drivers for AAO prepackaged to make your life easier. You can also download the restore disk for AAO from demoid as well. It's the same one that acer mails to customers.

There are many guides to guide you to how to install XP on your AAO through flashdrive.

For the above poster, Ron's XP is for tech guru wanabee. The less technical people sticks with the original XP. The more advanced people make their own copy of customized windows xp.

jackluo923, Mar 28, 2009
  4. steves cleenz

steves cleenz

because its not a licensed copy is it and cant do updates plus office outlook dont work properly,

so can i do an image of my PC then using ghost? as i would love a copy of windows 7 on my aspire one, how do i do this ?

steves cleenz, Mar 28, 2009
  5. steves cleenz

jono400

I take it this copy on Demonoid comes minus a working key and you cant do window updates can you ??

jono400, Mar 28, 2009
  6. steves cleenz

jackluo923

CXCY9-TTHBT-36J2P-HT3T3-QPMFB

This CDkey also work.

jackluo923, Mar 29, 2009
  7. steves cleenz

jono400

Thanks for that will keep it in mind, using full xp pro just now but am keeping this Tiny xp version as a back up.

jono400, Mar 29, 2009
  8. steves cleenz

jackluo923

I've never tested tiny xp with these key. They probably doesn't work with tiny xp since these are OEM keys.

jackluo923, Mar 29, 2009
  9. steves cleenz

jono400

Well tinyxp obviously has a massive following so there must be a few keys that work with this particular edited version off windows ??

anyone advise ??

jono400, Mar 29, 2009
  10. steves cleenz

goofball

If you really want to do this right, you nlite it yourself. You can take lastsession.ini that they used to create tinyxp and load it into nlite with your own install files, provide your own key, and you have a customized version that is close to what TinyXP offers. There are scripts (tweaks) that are included with TinyXP but you can also copy those files and run them yourself if you like.

goofball, Mar 30, 2009
  11. steves cleenz

jackluo923

I second that. A person who knows nlite can easily make a better version than Ron's Tiny XP. You can also embed all of your "must have" programs right into the install disk. E.G. a copy of microsoft office suite, firefox, photoshop, media player..etc. Injecting all the current security updates from MS is also a good idea as well.

Also, isn't Tiny XP illegal and we're not allowed to talk about it in forums. I guess nobody really cares.

The Ron's Tiny XP is probably a VLM or Corportate version of Windows XP Professional with SP3 injected through nlite. Any VLM or Corporate version should work.

jackluo923, Mar 30, 2009
Ask a Question