RUN TOMTOM HOME IN WINE

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

could someone please explain how to run tom tom home in wine
    thank you
    mike46

Guest, Jan 29, 2009
  2. Guest

sambartle

Hi,

I can probably have a go for you and write it up.. but can I just ask first why you want to use tomtom home?

I find it to be utter rubbish on Windows so through wine it has the potential to be even worse (or at best equally as bad)... Theres actually very few reasons you NEED to use TomTom home one of the few that comes to mind is to update subscription services.. (or mapshare i suppose although there are ways round that as well)

Most other things it can do can be done without home and work just fine in Linux.. If its one of those tasks its probably easier to explain how to do it without home than how to do it with wine/home!

Sam

sambartle, Feb 1, 2009
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

yes i need tom tom home to update map share an satellite position but i am very new and have no understanding on linpus so a step by step guide would be much appreciated and maybe if it's not too much trouble I have messed my usb ports up by installing ntfs and then removing it and now fat drives are unmountable they cant be found in ect/ftab what ever that is

thank you for yor offer on tomtom and i hope you can help with my auto mount probs to

mike46
    ps i have done system restore so the auto mount is sorted but your help would be much appreciated as i am planning a trip to Barceloan for my 63 birthday on march 2nd and am taking my one and tomtom with us.

mike46

Guest, Feb 2, 2009
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

@sambartle hi can you please let me know how you are doing with getting TOM TOM to update on my linpus one thanks

Guest, Feb 7, 2009
Ask a Question