Safari browser - occasional lockups

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jhillestad, Dec 28, 2008.

1. jhillestad

jhillestad

I have been using Apple's Safari browser and noticed sometimes for no apparent reason it will lockup when loading a web page .. I use crt-alt-del to kill the ' not responding ' app.

I have reloaded it , I also reloaded java ....

Anyone else have Safari issues on the aspire ? maybe its a wake from sleep issue ....

jhillestad, Dec 28, 2008
  2. jhillestad

retcynm

I've been using Safari on my 150 for several week now, and haven't experienced this so far.

retcynm, Dec 28, 2008
  3. jhillestad

Photomonk

I have used Safari on my Macs, and as of late the program has been constantly locking up and has had to be forced quit. There is something in the latest update that seems to be awry. I do not have Safari on my AAO since I already use Firefox as my primary browser and IE as the back up. Having a third browser seems stupid.

Photomonk, Dec 28, 2008
  4. jhillestad

jhillestad

Seems to be Java or flash that will cause it to lock up (occasionally) not sure.... What the longest amount of time you have surfed using Safari ? I can go for hours sometimes or just a few minutes... its seems to depend on the site... On time Cnet's website would screw me up because of the advertising on the top... the next day when the ad was completely different my Safari lockups on that site went away...

Weird...

fyi , I like to use Safari because its consistent with my mac use and I love the way it handles fonts... the fonts are crisper like the macs verse Win's trurtype stuff...

jhillestad, Jan 11, 2009
Ask a Question