Scanner that works ....

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by GearZ, Feb 21, 2016.

1. GearZ

GearZ

So, I've been through a bunch of multi-function devices and several scanners over the years. One of the reoccurring issues with scanners with document feeders is they just don't work. Jams, stuck pages, destroyed document ... ugh, it reminds me of the device in Office Space that finally gets its comeuppance.

Anyway, I have a project in which I need to archive a ton of old paperwork. It has been a jamtastic adventure. Question: can anyone recommend a solid scanner, with a paper feeder, duplex scanning, that works? I'm willing to pay above and beyond what a MFC costs if the think actually behaves itself.

Thanks much.

GearZ, Feb 21, 2016
  2. GearZ

Corzhens

Our scanner in the office is the flat bed. It's quite expensive (I forgot the brand) but it works pretty well. You know banks, we have lots of documents for scanning all the time and that scanner has been giving us a good service. It's actually an old model so maybe the newer models are better for your purpose. And the paper feeder is just like the copier with a tray.

Corzhens, Mar 10, 2016
  3. GearZ

djtech

Hmm.. well I used to face lots of problems earlier, but now surprisingly I can't think of a single instance in the past couple of years. I don't know about office printers because I don't purchase those. At home I have a nice HP all-in-one that hasn't given me any trouble since 2 years. The only time I have any trouble is when the ink runs out and I don't have another cartridge handy. HP is a great brand when it comes to printing.

djtech, Mar 10, 2016
  4. GearZ

GearZ

Thank you both for the replies. If you have model names, I would value that. To be clear, the key point is a scanner with a document feeder that works and is duplex. I'm tired of 50%+ of scan jobs turning "scanner jammed, document destroyed, cursing follows" jobs. ;)

GearZ, Mar 12, 2016
Ask a Question