Screen cleaner?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Shiniquiet, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Shiniquiet

Shiniquiet

I picked up a used AOA 150 from Ebay a few months ago and while not in pristine cosmetic condition, it's in rather good shape. A thing that bugs me however is the screen. It has something splashed on it - like sneeze although that's not it - that I'd like to remove. I tried a little dishwasher soap since it has some degreaser characteristics but that didn't do it. Because the screen doesn't feel like glass but rather some kind of plastic composition I'm hesitant to try strong stuff on it. If anybody has any suggestions or ideas they would like to share, I'd be greatful.

Shiniquiet, Jun 5, 2010
  2. Shiniquiet

Forone

My first question would be whether you feel some kind of roughness on the screen with your fingers - either physical damage to the plastic surface (bad news) or like something has been deposited on it, which might be removed. If the latter, you might want to look for an alcohol solvent to dissolve it. It might be as simple as a rubbing alcohol solution from the drugstore. Personally, I own a spray can of high quality electrical contact cleaner that is plastic safe and has saved my keyboard from spills a couple of times (knock wood) available at electronics shops.

Forone, Jun 6, 2010
  3. Shiniquiet

Swarvey Moderator

You said it was a used machine and that it feels rough and like plastic. I'd be looking closely at the screen to see if it had a screen protector put on it.

Swarvey, Jun 9, 2010
Ask a Question