Screen issue AO 532h

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wazowski, Apr 2, 2010.

1. wazowski

wazowski

Hello everyone,
    I just bought the Acer Aspire One 532h and found that the screen looks slightly stretched out. Anybody had the same prob? Any way to fix this? My pictures look horrible =(

wazowski, Apr 2, 2010
  2. wazowski

Jimux

You do not say what operating system you have, but under linpus there is a 'stretch' check button in start menu, settings, settings manager, desktop, desktop preferences, image. Also most image viewers have a similar function somewhere in their preferences setup.

Jimux, Apr 3, 2010
  3. wazowski

wazowski

Hi!
    thanks for the reply!...I have Windows 7 Starters. I use Picasa viewer and Picasa 3 to view and fast edit RAW files but I can`t find any options where I can change the screen settings.

wazowski, Apr 3, 2010
  4. wazowski

Kindred

Windows 7 Starter limits a lot of things, changes to your desktop being one of them. However, you should be able to change the screen resolution. My 532h only has two resolution settings.

If you right click on the desktop the menu that opens up should have a Screen Resolution setting in it.

I upgraded my 7 Starter to Home Premium, if you can work up the money I would recommend you do the same, as Home Premium runs much smoother and faster on my 532H than the Starter that came with it did. This will also most certainly give you the Screen resolution option.

Kindred, Apr 14, 2010
  5. wazowski

JDoo

1024 x 600 = the native resolution of the LCD on the 532h. Anything other than that (whether it is a registry hack, or a different version of the OS) will appear stretched.

JDoo, Apr 14, 2010
Ask a Question