Screen off center and Incorrect Resolution Setting

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by radacheck, Aug 21, 2013.

1. radacheck

radacheck

My Acer Aspire One netbook will sometimes have an off center screen display.
    Most time it works OK but sometimes when it gets past the Acer boot screen and Windows starts up, the display is way off to the left and the other half of the display is not present. When this happens and I check the resolution settings it is at
    1024/768, this is not correct as the resolution is set as 1024/600.
    1024/600 is the default and correct resolution. When the computer boots up normally and I check the resolution it is at 1024/600.
    How can the resolution change to the incorrect 1024/768 by itself and cause an off center display?
    Thanks,
    radacheck

radacheck, Aug 21, 2013
  2. radacheck

Nestone50

Have you been using an external monitor?

Nestone50, Aug 21, 2013
  3. radacheck

radacheck

no external monitor

radacheck, Aug 22, 2013
  4. radacheck

Nestone50

Your netbook computer should not allow a screen resolution that the screen cannot accommodate. Did you buy this netbook new? Have you performed a registry edit that allow resolutions the LED screen cannot handle? I have done this in the past when using the netbook with an external monitor that can handle 1024/768. Here are the instructions:

1. Run regedit. regedit can be found in the Windows folder
    2. Highlight the highest tree level (Computer)
    3. Search for "Display1_DownScalingSupported" and changed it from "0" to "1"
    4. Restart the system.
    5. Enjoy the two new resolutions: 1024×768 px and 1152×86
    You might try the reverse if indeed your registry has the display as a "1" As I recall, on a stock Aspire One only two screen resolutions are available. Those being 800/600 and 1024/600. Right click on your desktop. Left click Screen Resolution. If you have more choices than the two I mention here, someone did a registry edit previously on your netbook.

Nestone50, Aug 23, 2013
  5. radacheck

radacheck

Incorrect Resolution

Thanks for your Answers.
    I checked my settings by right clicking on the desktop etc.
    There were way more then what should be there.
    I went to the SAcer support and down load the original video driver, which I think i altered somwhow due to to much fusing in the past. My plan is to uninstall the incorrect driver and install the one I got from Acer support.

radacheck, Sep 5, 2013
  6. radacheck

Nestone50

Give it a go and see if it works for you. However, if a registry change has been made in the past, deleting and reinstalling the driver won't do it I'm afraid. Here is a link with specific instructions on how to make different resolutions not native to the netbook available. What you want to do is the reverse in that you want to make the "1" should it be there a "0" That will revert the netbook to only show the resolutions available to the LED screen of the laptop.
    http://www.cesgeekbook.com/2010/06/1...book-with.html

Nestone50, Sep 5, 2013
Ask a Question