screen resolution adjustment

Discussion in 'Linux' started by yamzam, Dec 9, 2008.

1. yamzam

yamzam

Hello,

Another Newbie question...

Is there any way to adjust the screen resolution on the Linpus version of the
    Aspire One?

The reason for this question is that I am finding it difficult to view bottom portions
    of "pop-up" windows from programs and websites. I've tried scrolling...no luck. I've tried resizing the window without
    luck either.

I've recently installed KTorrent. I have noticed its preference windows seems to get cut off or blocked by the bottom of the screen even though I have minimized the bottom taskbar (by clicking the < icon on the far bottom left side).

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Yamzam

ps: aside from a few hickups, i'm enjoying the aspire one very much.

yamzam, Dec 9, 2008
  2. yamzam

rbil

You will have to live with the default resolution. Maybe it can be changed, but then things won't look good. LCDs aren't like CRTs. The former has a fixed (native) resolution.

What you might try with some of these dialog boxes is to hold the ALT key down and try dragging the window up with the mouse, so you can see the bottom.

Cheers.

rbil, Dec 9, 2008
  3. yamzam

yamzam

rbil,

many thanks...as always your suggestion worked!

yamzam, Dec 9, 2008
  4. yamzam

devondave

You might also try the auto hide taskbar, from one of the Xcfe menus, this gives you a fuller screen and it solves the problem in most cases. You just roll the mouse pointer over the taskbar and it pops up... :)

devondave, Dec 9, 2008
Ask a Question