Screen resolutions

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Adamastor, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Adamastor

Adamastor

Hi! :D I'm new to the forum and I'm planning to buy an AAO (well, the SSD issue is really a problem, I hope a solution is found in the upcoming weeks, as I plan to buy it on August). :?

I plan to use XP with the default 512Mb as I won't use memory hungry applications, just a few emulators like WinUAE, WinVICE, etc... I mainly use fullscreen modes, so my question is: the Aspire's screen is 1024x600, and I plan to use 800x600 fullscreen modes in the emulators. Is there any option availabe in the VGA driver to keep the aspect ratio of 4:3 modes? I prefer to have lateral black bars than a stretched image across the screen. What's your experience in selecting 640x480 modes, etc.? This is very important for me as I don't want deformed images.

I'm very pleased to have found such an excellent forum and hope to learn a lot from you all :p Thanks in advance!

Adamastor, Jul 26, 2008
  2. Adamastor

loopyoyo

screen resolution isint dependent on the graphics driver but the program itself...for example im using nester nes emulator and i can set it to what resolution i want and it will display the black bars

loopyoyo, Jul 27, 2008
  3. Adamastor

Adamastor

Thanks! :p

So you mean you choose 800x600 and the black bars appear, or a 1024x600 mode is available in Nester?

Adamastor, Jul 27, 2008
  4. Adamastor

loopyoyo

in nester 800x600 w bars is max...tried virtualnes and all options including 1024x600 are avaliable

loopyoyo, Jul 27, 2008
Ask a Question