screen/ video problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by cbbella, Dec 15, 2011.

1. cbbella

cbbella

i have been given a, AOA 110 - Aw aspire one, model zg5 to look at for friend of a friend's daughter.

specs:
    intel atom cpu n270@ 1.6ghz
    ram: 512mb
    video ram: 8mb
    hdd: p-ssd1800
    bios: v0.3310
    vga bios: intel v1585

when it is switched on the screen seems to have shrunk to a 4:3 size and is no longer 16:9 as it should be. also there is a mirror image of the main screen right underneath itself. what i mean by this is that i can see two mouse cursors on the screen at the same time. it's the same in the bios screen. when i go into the display settings there are no settings listed in the resolution window and everything is greyed out.

has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you go about fixing it

here are some screen shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can anyone help me with this problem

edit: can anyone help me to get this back to fullscreen. does anyone know if it's software related or is there a problem with the graphics chip

cbbella, Dec 15, 2011
  2. cbbella

cbbella

hi, i thought i'd try something out to see if it was a hardware or a software fault. i decided to try the latest xubunto v11.10 and run it from a usb stick to see if it would go fullscreen but it's exactly the same so i guess it must be a hardware fault. anyone had this happen to them before. there is no way to adjust it in the bios so i'm stumped at the minute.

here's a photo with the latest xubunto v11.10 running from a usb stick

[​IMG]

cbbella, Dec 26, 2011
  3. cbbella

cbbella

thanks for your reply but as it's only got a 8gb ssd drive installing xp is not an option

cbbella, Dec 27, 2011
  4. cbbella

techmike

I have an AOA110 in my shop with the same problem, after a mobo replacement. It has the 8gb SSD and XP installed. Funny thing is, a monitor plugged into the VGA connector is fine. I was hoping to find a solution here.

techmike, Jan 19, 2012
  5. cbbella

Swarvey Moderator

This problem has come up before a few times, but due to the nature of the issue it's hard to find it in a search. From memory, the problem was resolved either by disconnecting and reconnecting the lead from the back of the LCD panel inside the housing, or by replacing the LCD panel. I'm pretty sure it was just the cable though.

Swarvey, Jan 19, 2012
Ask a Question