Screensaver

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by StealthBurger, Aug 31, 2008.

1. StealthBurger

StealthBurger

This is probably a dumb question, but I can't for the life of my find the answer. So anyway, how do you change the screensaver? I have the Linux AA1. Thanks for your help.

StealthBurger, Aug 31, 2008
  2. StealthBurger

mackbaz

i don't know either... there is no option for it anywhere in the xfce menu. I downloaded xscreensaver and it seems to work as far as the screensavers, but whether theywil actually come on is the question. I don't see anywhere to set how long the pc waits until the screensaver initiates. There must be a way though.

mackbaz, Aug 31, 2008
  3. StealthBurger

KelpieSlave

I've been looking at this too.

The closest I've come is the following command (which can be entered via Alt-F2:

gnome-screensaver-preferences

This gives access to a screensaver config panel which allows selection of screensaver (from a limited list) and time delay.

Unfortunately, it does not give complete access to the images displayed. But it does give a hit - one of the options refers to a "picture folder" which is the option which triggers the rotating Aspire One images. Alas, so far I have not been able to locate this folder / set of images.

Hope someone else can kick this on further.

KelpieSlave, Sep 1, 2008
  4. StealthBurger

Orima

Easily done,

If you want to change the photos themselves just go to /home/user/Pictures/Photoframe/ and put your photos in there, and then go to /usr/share/applications/screensavers/personal-slideshow.desktop and add/change the picture names in there!

If you want to change screensaver completely I'm sure a quick google search will throw a load of gnome savers and then you just need to install them.

Orima

Orima, Sep 1, 2008
  5. StealthBurger

KelpieSlave

Many thanks sir!

I'd found the folder after I posted but still couldn't get the substituted images to appear. Your last step is the missing bit.

Also, after :roll: I'd registered and posted I used the search function. There references to this question scattered all over. I'd looked "manually" but only found this post. So it pays to register and access the advanced search function!

Cheers

KelpieSlave, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question