screw aol

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Aspiration, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Aspiration

Aspiration

How do I permanently block aimzones.aol.com from loading and ignoring my home page every time I start firefox 2?
    Maybe its time we killed aol or acer for forcing firefox to open to this damned stupid page every time I run firefox.

Aspiration, Jul 16, 2009
  2. Aspiration

Aspiration

I discovered that the problem is with the messenger application. Whenever I add an apple .me or .mac account it makes firefox open aimzones and aol websites. Mac accounts don't have anything to do with aol so why would acer harrass users by forcing firefox to open aol sites? :evil:

Aspiration, Aug 3, 2009
  3. Aspiration

Aspiration

Although Leechblock will install on firefox2, it will not work on firefox2. I does run on firefox 3.5.1. You have to be very careful with the settings when blocking a page. I have blocked 3 pages that messenger uses to load aim sites and have redirected it to open my home page instead. It would be nicer if leechblock would just refuse to open any webpages that messenger tries to open. For now it is the closest anyone can get to preventing aim webpages from opening. Why Acer would be so stupid as to create this nagware in the messenger program is anyone's guess.

Aspiration, Aug 8, 2009
Ask a Question