sd-card as /home on Mandriva 2009 spring

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by willie, Jun 6, 2009.

1. willie

willie

My daughter has a aspireone 110 now she want's her /home on a sd-card in the left slot, just like i have on my eeepc701.
    After boot the card is seen but not mounted she have to do i manual, after mount she can put data on it. But the card have to mounted at boot because KDE puts his configuration files in /home/.KDE en needs them when loading.
    Is there a way to make it so with Mandriva 2009 spring.

By the way, after mounting MCC doesn't see the card but dolphin does.

willie, Jun 6, 2009
  2. willie

RockDoctor

Have you tried placing the required info in /etc/fstab? It'll look something like
    Code:
    UUID=<uuid of sd-card partition> /mnt/home/<username> ext2 defaults 0 0
    Replace <uuid of sd-card> with the actual uuid of the partition on the sd-card that contains your daughter's home directory, <username> with your daughter's user name, and ext2 with the actual type of filesystem on the partition you'll be mounting. I'm not sure if the 4th column is going to work; if not you might try "rw,auto" instead of "defaults" If that still doesn't work, you might try asking in the Mandriva forum. HTH

RockDoctor, Jun 6, 2009
  3. willie

willie

Where can i find the "uuid"of the sd-card.

willie, Jun 7, 2009
  4. willie

RockDoctor

Place the card in either card slot, then, in a terminal window, type:
    Code:
    sudo blkid -c /dev/null

RockDoctor, Jun 7, 2009
  5. willie

willie

Thanks that worked, now figure out how to make MCC to see him.
    MCC sees only the internal sda.

willie, Jun 8, 2009
  6. willie

donec

MCC will not be able to see the SD card until the BIOS starts seeing the SD cards like they do on the 10.1 inch AA1's.

donec, Jun 9, 2009
  7. willie

willie

Isn't the bios not startred first and is Mandriva booting, by my knowlegde is that the normal way. First the bios than the operating system.

willie, Jun 9, 2009
  8. willie

donec

That is correct, but I believe that for some reason that since the BIOS can not see the SD card that is keeping the MCC from being able to see the SD card. I have come to this conclusion because the MCC can see the SD card if it is in a USB card reader on the 8.9 inch AA1. Further the new 10.1 inch AA1 can see the SD card from the BIOS and the MCC can work with the SD card directly. Now that could be either a change in the BIOS and or a change in the way the SD card reader is connected to the motherboard on the new 10.1 inch AA1 and I don't know which but I tend to think it is a BIOS difference.

donec, Jun 9, 2009
  9. willie

willie

You could be wright, i find it strange that Mandriva have a aspireone for testing according to AdamW and that is the only thing that does'nt work put of the box. But i keep searching.

willie, Jun 9, 2009
  10. willie

donec

For the 10.1 inch I have not found anything that doesn't work out of the box but I have found some stuff that should work better.

donec, Jun 10, 2009
Ask a Question