Sd-card automount

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by willie, May 27, 2009.

1. willie

willie

Is it possible to automount the sd-cards in the left and right slot. So that if Mandriva 2009.1 is up and running i can use the left one as /home.

willie, May 27, 2009
  2. willie

donec

I was running Mandriva 2009.0 with a 16Gb SDHC as my Home partition. The only way I could do it was to install Mandriva with the SD card in a USB reader which on an 8.9 inch is the only way for Mandriva to see the card. Then when you are finished with the install move the SD card to the left SD reader the one on the power cord side and boot. this worked for me but I found that suspend would not work with this configuration. Good luck.

donec, May 28, 2009
  3. willie

RockDoctor

I have not tried this, so no guarantees.
    My thought is that if you add the appropriate entry to /etc/fstab, you should be able to get an sd-card to automount. Not sure what will happen if there's no sd card present. Some OSs (Ubuntu?) ignore non-existent filesystems, others (older Fedora?) lock while booting. Be sure to keep a bootable USB stick handy so that you can access /etc/fstab if your system locks up when booting from /dev/sda

RockDoctor, May 30, 2009
Ask a Question