SD Card missing files?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by rusty377, Apr 3, 2009.

1. rusty377

rusty377

I am trying to use 2 different EDGE SD cards (1 of 2GB and one of 2 GBthat is rated high speed and both are used for video cameras, etc.). If I use a USB SD adapter I can get any files I want from either card just fine. If I insert into the Aspire One XP card reader I get the "found new hardware" and then a screen pops up
    saying File needed and is looking for jmcr.sys. I found such a file in WIndows under directory JMCD_DIR but each time I select it it says found new hardware but device is never available. Anyone have this problem or a soulution?

Thanks,
    Rusty

rusty377, Apr 3, 2009
  2. rusty377

garrettp

Have you tried to run eRecovery?

garrettp, Apr 6, 2009
  3. rusty377

rusty377

Figured out how to solve- went to Acer site (could only find european version?) and downloaded Jmicron driver package - works fine now.

Thanks

rusty377, Apr 9, 2009
  4. rusty377

garrettp

Do you live in North America? I download all of the English version drivers from Acer, including the SD card reader. If you want it I can host it on my website. Just let me know.

I also guess I shouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion that most people do not know how to install or update drivers ;) eRecovery is too easy for the average person.

garrettp, Apr 9, 2009
Ask a Question