sd card slot question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by leemutpo, Sep 3, 2008.

1. leemutpo

leemutpo

hi pals, got aao 110, for sd card slot on left hand side i can fully insert the sd card, however for sd card slot on right hand side i can't fully insert the sd card - only about 4/5 slotted in, about 1/5 of sd card is out of the slot :shock: , but i can read/write without any problem :?

wondering is this the same on your aao? many thx!

leemutpo, Sep 3, 2008
  2. leemutpo

sk3rmo

yes, same as mine. i think it has something to do with the fact that the SD card on the lefthand slot
    for most people stays on the unit as storage expansion while the slot on the right functions more as a card reader.

cheers :D

sk3rmo, Sep 3, 2008
  3. leemutpo

dboy

i havnt tried it yet but it sounds like thats the way it was designed. guess you can't use the one on the right as semi permemant storage like you can on the left one.

dboy, Sep 3, 2008
  4. leemutpo

nigelwill

Should be getting my 8GB SDHC card tomorrow. I was wondering whether to put it into the left slot to boost the SSD size or use it only in the right-hand slot as removable media (making large file transfers easier). Left slot it is.....

nigelwill, Sep 5, 2008
  5. leemutpo

kentris

Yeah the slot on the right is meant to be sticking out, don't forget that it's a multi card reader, whereas the expansion slot on the left is an SD card slot.

kentris, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question