SD card wont read anymore

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by allied35, Oct 12, 2008.

1. allied35

allied35

Hi, the SD card from my camera doesn't show up anymore when I plug it into the slot on the right. It used to show up in "files" but now nothing happens. The only thing I have changed recently is that I added the xfce menu to the bottom tool-bar part of the screen.
    Any ideas or advice?
    Thanx!

allied35, Oct 12, 2008
  2. allied35

allied35

Never mind, I found the answer on another thread:
    "If you are using Linpus with the 'standard xfce desktop' mod, open file manager, select "view as advanced mode" and then "view as normal mode". That helped for me. Sadly, you have to do it again every time you've powered your One on."

allied35, Oct 12, 2008
  3. allied35

donec

I just read an article from Lance Ulanoff of PC Magazine (Nov 2008) and in it he says that his relative new HP desktop has problems seeing his SD cards. So that tells me that the problem people are having with reading the SD cards on the right side of the AA1 is not a software or hardware problem with the AA1 but a problem with the drivers developed by the SD Reader's manufactures.

donec, Oct 13, 2008
Ask a Question