SDHC Cards-Anything New?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Cralex, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Cralex

Cralex

Hey guys,
    I've got a 4GB Micro SDHC card that I'm trying to connect to my AAO's built-in readers using an SD card adapter. Now, I'm still running 10.5.X because I have been relying on this computer for school and because I don't have the 8 GB USB drive that most Snow Leopard upgrade methods seem to require these days, but I plan to upgrade when I can. (I used iatkos from a DVD in an external drive for the initial install.)

The SD card icon appears in the menu bar when I plug it in, but as everyone probably expects, nothing mounts. So, does anyone know if there is a kext out there that makes the Mac see the card and/or if Snow Leopard supports it out of the box? I have not heard anything about this ever since the iatkos guides were on page 1, and I'm not sure if that's because it works fine now or if it's because nobody cares about the built-in card readers anymore. I could go out and buy a USB card reader, but using the built-in ones would be so much more elegant... Thanks for your time.

Cralex, Dec 10, 2009
  2. Cralex

Stefx82

SDHC is working fine on my AOD250-1dk. (tested with a 8GB KINGSTON card, mount OK and r/w OK).
    No specific kext used.
    I have a 10.6.2 system installed with NetbookBootMaker and NetbookBootInstaller.

Stefx82, Dec 29, 2009
Ask a Question