Selecting multiple files

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Thomask, May 23, 2011.

1. Thomask

Thomask

Hi

Previously on my Acer Aspire One which uses Linux I was able to select multiple files when attaching documents to my Gmail email or uploading photos on Facebook etc. It was just a matter of holding down the standard controls (CTRL or SHIFT key - can't remember which).

Now it appears something has changed. Despite holding down either of these keys I can now only select one file at a time and must return to the list of files only after the first file has been selected and uploaded. In addition, I was able to copy/paste the file location ie home\documents\photos\1.jpg into boxes rather than having to click 'browse', wait for all the files to load then manually select that file. I don't appear able to copy/paste the location address anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Thomask, May 23, 2011
  2. Thomask

Thomask

Bump (hope that's allowed!)

Thomask, May 31, 2011
  3. Thomask

Thomask

???

Thomask, Jun 8, 2011
  4. Thomask

Thomask

Anyyyyyyyyyyyone??

:(

Thomask, Jul 4, 2011
  5. Thomask

Thomask

Hi

Previously on my Acer Aspire One which uses Linux I was able to select multiple files when attaching documents to my Gmail email or uploading photos on Facebook etc. It was just a matter of holding down the standard controls (CTRL or SHIFT key - can't remember which).

Now it appears something has changed. Despite holding down either of these keys I can now only select one file at a time and must return to the list of files only after the first file has been selected and uploaded. In addition, I was able to copy/paste the file location ie home\documents\photos\1.jpg into boxes rather than having to click 'browse', wait for all the files to load then manually select that file. I don't appear able to copy/paste the location address anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Thomask, Jul 5, 2011
  6. Thomask

JimK

Just a shot in the dark -- maybe your control key doesn't work (do you use Control-C/Control-V for copy paste?)

JimK, Jul 6, 2011
  7. Thomask

Thomask

Thanks although CTRL key is working fine.. :(

Thomask, Jul 11, 2011
  8. Thomask

Thomask

??????????????

Thomask, Jul 11, 2011
Ask a Question