Serious internet problem

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Aspireuser25, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Aspireuser25

Aspireuser25

My internet has been running perfectly for months and I left it to standby and then I came back to it, it turned on ok and when I click internet it just doesn't connect. The wireless signal works/connects as it says signal strength: Excellent, it's just stopped browsing but the signal is strong and I can't figure out why, I have another laptop and computer where the internet works perfectly so I know it's not an internet problem, just my aspire one. I can remember this happening to me once before and I had the exact same problem, I was searching for hours looking or a solution and I can't remember how I got it working again, and it's not working again and I can't find the solution, i've searched around and tried many different things as you can see below

Below is the things i've tried so far:
    Turned the netbook off and on several times
    Disabled then enabled the wireless connection
    Uninstalled the atheros network adapter (which installed itself after I rebooted)
    Turned off the power save mode for the atheros network adapter
    Switched off power cables and turned on
    Turned off the wireless router and put it on again

As I said the signal strength is excellent but it wont allow me to browse saying 'This web page is not available'. My primary browser is Google Chrome but i've also tried IE and Mozilla Firefox and these also won't work, need help with this badly thanks

Aspireuser25, Jul 27, 2010
Ask a Question