Session Managment Error

Discussion in 'Linux' started by linker3000, Aug 3, 2008.

1. linker3000

linker3000

Hi Folks,

Got my Acer One today and overall quite happy - except for the noisy fan!

Anyway, I have installed Foxit Reader to replace the clunky Acrobat PDF reader and although it fires UP OK, it segfaults when loading a PDF and leaves the following in a Terminal window:

"Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed"

Any thoughts?

Thanks

linker3000, Aug 3, 2008
  2. linker3000

hmraao

Well the best Google can do on this is Foxit Software Forums - Linux Version. (It's not far off a Googlewhack, actually!) Unfortunately, I wouldn't waste my pointing device on the supposed solution link that it refers to, because it appears to be unrelated to the problem! However, if you throw the Google net a bit wider and search for the generic error, you'll find that Foxit Reader is not the only Linux application to generate it. You'd probably have to be dating a *nix administrator to get a difinitive answer to your problem, but it seems to be related to account and application permissions. Foxit Reader is evidently attempting to access some file or service that it doesn't have permission for. There may be some mileage to be had from trying to use it in supervisor mode, but some postings suggest that you shouldn't do this on a Web attached machine unless you're behind a fairly robust firewall. Hope this helps some.

Ephraim Tutt takes on the cases no one else wants

hmraao, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question