Setting the keyboard default?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by morosco, Oct 15, 2008.

1. morosco

morosco

My computer sets the keyboard as UK when I boot up. I want it to default to EN (USA). I went to settings, then to keyboard layout, and it is set as English (USA). I even set it again as English (USA) and made sure to click set as default then okay. I rebooted but it still defaults to UK. Am I doing something wrong?

Acer Aspire One Linux model LU.S020A.012

morosco, Oct 15, 2008
  2. morosco

poor1

Are you sure that there is only the one US box checked and that you have checked the default box. Done correctly the word default should appear alongside the box and country selected.

poor1, Oct 15, 2008
  3. morosco

morosco

Yes. I just double checked. The only box checked is US and it does say default alongside the US box. Still when I boot up the computer defaults to UK. (And when I then go in and look at the setting it is set for US.)

morosco, Oct 15, 2008
  4. morosco

poor1

I am a newcomer to Linus myself and had a UK keyboard problem which needed setting. The access to the keyboard settings settings in the advanced mode is exactly the same as that in the desktop settings, so I'm sorry I cannot assist any further.

poor1, Oct 15, 2008
  5. morosco

morosco

I appreciate the effort. :)

morosco, Oct 15, 2008
Ask a Question