Should I buy a touchscreen laptop?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by pandandesign, Feb 3, 2014.

1. pandandesign

Haleema Khan

No doubt, Touchscreen laptops are all the rage and Microsoft is the king of Touchscreen laptops. If you're using a Touchscreen Smartphone then why not a Touchscreen Laptop. Touch-screen device are more convenient and reliable. Nowadays, Hybrid PCs (Laptop-Tablet) are making their way in the Laptop market. Whatever suits you best Tablet mode or Laptop its up to you.

Haleema Khan, Apr 21, 2014
  2. pandandesign

LightspeeD

my advice on a touch-screen laptop?

Run. Run away fast, & don't look back.
    It's not worth the effort of reaching across the keyboard every single time for every simple thing. & back again! in 5 years time maybe. Touch-screens are for smartphones n tablets :)

LightspeeD, Nov 6, 2015
  3. pandandesign

beth1414

I personally have a touch screen laptop and honestly, I don't find that it makes much of a difference as it is a notebook. If you are going to buy a laptop that 'folds' such as the yoga or are interested in the 'Surface' then the touchscreen will make all the difference. However, on mine I simply find the touch screen to be a bit frustrating - the screen is dirty constantly.

beth1414, Nov 7, 2015
  4. pandandesign

KimmyMarkks

I have a touch screen and I have a lot of issues with it. My computer is a Lenovo and has windows 8 before I upgraded to windows 10. The touchscreen aspect is probably my biggest complaint about the computer. It constantly doesn't respond. Also I noticed when I plug my computer in a lot of times I lose the mouse cursor completely. I have to unplug and replug it in several times before it picks back up.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 10, 2015
  5. pandandesign

IcyBC

I can't stand seeing finger prints or dust on my screen so this would not be my choice ever! I love my keyboard and it works just great for me. My son has one and he constantly has to clean the touch screen.

IcyBC, Nov 10, 2015
  6. pandandesign

kbnystudio

My brother got a touchscreen laptop for his graduation gift and honestly it's more of a novelty feature. Touch screens are more useful on mobile devices but on a computer I find myself never using it. I would go with a normal laptop if I was in your situation.

kbnystudio, Dec 8, 2015
  7. pandandesign

KimmyMarkks

I have one and I have to say I am not a fan. I bought the yoga about 2 years ago and it is very slow to respond to the touch screen. It also freezes whenever I plug it into charge. I would suggest going with a regular laptop unless you are set using it as a tablet too.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 21, 2015
  8. pandandesign

KimmyMarkks

I had a windows 8 touchscreen and I am not a fan. It isn't very responsive and the mouse often freezes. I wouldn't buy one again.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 27, 2015
Ask a Question