Should I replace my 8.9" Acer One with a 10.1 ???

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tomt, Apr 17, 2009.

1. tomt

tomt

I have an Acer One 8.9' Screen, 1GB RAM & 160GB Hard Disk that works very well.

Now my wife wants a new laptop.. So I have a couple of options..

1. Buy Her an Acer One 8.9'..

2. Give Her my 8.9' and buy myself a 10.1'..

Or lastly buy a completely different netbook :shock:

What do you recommend ??

Is it worth me getting the 10.1' version?
    Is the battery bigger (UK model) ??
    Is it easier to upgrade the ram ?? Do you need to strip it down ?
    Does the larger size make much difference ??

I suppose another option would be to by an 8GB SSD + 512MB RAM version for Her.. It would be cheaper.

I welcome your advice and suggestions.. :)

Thanks

tomt, Apr 17, 2009
  2. tomt

cheapherk

I own the D150 and it is awesome. Previously, I had an Asus 1000H and a Lenovo S10. I couldn't be happier with the D150. Beautiful screen and the netbook itself is handsome. I didn't own the 8.9" I always thought it was ugly and looked and felt cheap. To answer some of your other questions:

Is it worth me getting the 10.1' version?- YES!; well-built

Is the battery bigger (UK model) ?? Cant comment. I have US version and the battery does stick out a bit (5800mah), but I get lots of runtime.

Is it easier to upgrade the ram ?? Do you need to strip it down ? Very easy to upgrade the RAM & HDD; nothing like the 8.9"- nothing to strip-down with the D150.

Does the larger size make much difference ?? In terms of what? It isn't necessarily faster(same processor speed), but it supports 2GB of RAM. The keyboard itself is the same size as in the previous version. Brushed aluminum face...not plastic.

I think you'd be much happier with the D150. I'd have a hard time believing it if you got the new version, but liked the older one better.

cheapherk, Apr 17, 2009
  3. tomt

tomt

Thanks for your comments.

I'm going to call in at a local electrical superstore and have a look at one.

Then I'll google for the best price :)

tomt, Apr 17, 2009
  4. tomt

tomt

Quite like the look of it... but I'm a bit concerned about the mic and sound in Ubuntu..

If that can be sorted then I'm sold :)

tomt, Apr 18, 2009
Ask a Question