Shut Down Issues

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Gom33, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Gom33

Gom33

Hello guys!

I have leopard installed on my AAO and having issues with shut down. I used iPC install guide found here, but before that I had the iAtkos version installed on my one. Both times I had this problem about after a day. It does not shut down all the way, meaning the power light is still on the power button so to completely shut it off I have to hold the power button. I wasn't having issues for about a day and then all of a sudden today it happens. Any idea on what the issue could be? Anyone else having same problem? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Gom33, Mar 12, 2009
  2. Gom33

Gom33

am i the only one with this issue?

Gom33, Mar 17, 2009
  3. Gom33

mehanic01

I've run into the same problem, traced mine down to the touchscreen driver not unloading during shut down, I put together a script to shut it down properly, do you have a touch screen installed? if so i can attach a script for you, yo

mehanic01, Mar 29, 2009
  4. Gom33

Gom33

its funny you say that!!!!! it happened after i nstalled teh driver... if you can attach it and tell me how to install it that would be GREAT!!!!!

Gom33, Mar 30, 2009
  5. Gom33

mehanic01

here is a screenshot of the script i put together to shut down osx with touch driver installed, you will have to edit the script where it says "yourpassword" replace with your own password, leave the quotations. save the script and then move the script to you script folder in user/library/scripts. Once that is done open apple script util and check the box show script menu in menubar, then you will have the small script icon on the top menubar whenever you want to shutdown hit the script icon and launch the shutdown script and viola!

I am unable to upload the script you can copy the script and create your own or pm me with you email and i can e-mail it to you.

mehanic01, Apr 1, 2009
  6. Gom33

Gom33

hey mechanic,

i tried copying your script using script editor but i guess this message when i click "run".. i am attaching a picture of my desktop with the error i get...

[​IMG]

Gom33, Apr 1, 2009
  7. Gom33

mehanic01

here is the script

mehanic01, Apr 10, 2009
  8. Gom33

odyseus

Hi All,
    I wonder if I have the same problem?? I fitted the solderless touchscreen kit - Works fine in winXP. Under OSX I noticed that the cursor went in opposite directions and so reversed the touchscreen ribbon.

I eventually found some drivers that actually appear in the Touchkit utility (most of the other drivers I have found don't appear and although the touchscreen works, you can't calibrate it).

Yet, now I appear to get Kernel panic on shut down, ie you get the desktop with lines of text.

Also, on re-boot you have to re-calibrate again (In WinXP the calibration is stored).

Is this caused by not unloading the touchscreen driver? or is there a good driver to try??

All the best

John

odyseus, May 11, 2009
  9. Gom33

loganfan

mehanic01, how did you trouble shoot and trace down that the touchscreen driver was the culprit? I have two Acer Ones & only one of them works with your script (A BIG thanks there!). There’s still a conflict with the other computer and I’m having a hard time tracking it down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

loganfan, May 13, 2009
  10. Gom33

mehanic01

You may also want to make sure you check the box to enable GUI scripting, in the apple script utility and enter your password when prompted, or the script may not work properly.

Cheers hope that fixs your problem.

Paul

mehanic01, May 20, 2009
Ask a Question