Simple bag or pouch for the AAO?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JimmiG, Nov 17, 2008.

1. JimmiG

MiniDrivr

I just picked up one of these from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H9O1EO

The 6 cell One fits fine with about ,5" clearance around. The front pocket easily holds the AC adapter, power cord, and an ethernet cable. It's not very padded, but that's what makes it small and thin.

MiniDrivr, Nov 25, 2008
  2. JimmiG

info

That's a nice looking bag. Did you have to wait for it long (right now Amazon is saying that it will take four to six weeks to get one).

info, Nov 25, 2008
  3. JimmiG

MiniDrivr

When I ordered it last week, it was in stock. I purchase other things from Amazon that had similar wait times but came much quicker.

MiniDrivr, Nov 25, 2008
  4. JimmiG

janss

When I got my One, it didn't come with the pouch, but my mom's One did. The included pouch was a rather poor fake leather thing that smells awful. I got myself the Acer neoprene sleeve to protect my machine, and after my mom saw my sleeve, she also bought one for her own laptop since it was much better to use and offers superior protection for the machine compared to the included pouch she had with her machine.

I personally would recommend everyone looking for a nice simple case/sleeve to get the Acer neoprene sleeve or equivalent for their machines. As a sidenote, the Acer sleeve also fits the machine nicely after upgrading to the 6-cell battery pack.

janss, Nov 25, 2008
  5. JimmiG

Oberkanone

Where are the Acer neoprene sleeve's sold?

Oberkanone, Nov 25, 2008
  6. JimmiG

janss

Atleast here in Finland, the sleeves are sold on the same shops as the machines themselves...

I bought mine straight from a shop of the same chain that I bought my One from..

janss, Nov 28, 2008
  7. JimmiG

drain

Walmart has a portable dvd player case logic neoprene sleeve that fits the acer aspire one perfectly. They have several colors.

drain, Nov 29, 2008
  8. JimmiG

240SX

Just got mine, it's great and it does fit the 6 cell perfectly. Thanks for the info!

240SX, Dec 2, 2008
  9. JimmiG

JohnnyMac

Awesome! :D

JohnnyMac, Dec 3, 2008
  10. JimmiG

WoodHawk

I just received mine as well. Thanks for your post. It fits great and you can't beat the price !!

WoodHawk, Dec 3, 2008
  11. JimmiG

kostopman

I got it today from Dealextreme, and it is already in trash can outside. It smells awful. Very very strong rubber smell. I actually put it in the washer and run it 2 cycles, and also put it in dryer. Even after that, it smells awful. Be careful.
    I am heading to walmart to buy case logic sleeve which looks same without awful smell.

kostopman, Dec 30, 2008
  12. JimmiG

Branny

Just to counter that............... I have one, the smell isn't too bad at all. But then again I do like the chemical smell of rubber for a few quid.

Branny, Dec 30, 2008
  13. JimmiG

Hank3rd

For me the smell went away after a few days. I keep the AAO in the sleeve ( for protection) and then use a messenger bag that I bought from Target.

Hank3rd, Dec 30, 2008
  14. JimmiG

esinger

I went to Bestbuy this weekend and was looking for a case for my new Aspire one. Unfortunately all the carrying cases were too big and I was about to give up when I finally spoke to one of those Geek Squad guys and he recommend that I check out the portable DVD player cases. When I did, I found this case which was perfect and around $30

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 3815933157

esinger, Dec 30, 2008
  15. JimmiG

ccuina

ccuina, Dec 30, 2008
  16. JimmiG

hemplacrosse49

I just ordered mine from dealextream as well thanks a lot guys. Seriously 5 dollars you cant go wrong with that, just a little something like this is all you need for your AAO to keep it from scratching and stuff while its in your backpack or whatever(using it for college). Ill keep you guys posted as to what I think. Thanks again.

hemplacrosse49, Dec 31, 2008
  17. JimmiG

bluucrayonz

id say get a simple bag for it. i purchased me a kidrobot laptop bag. the pouch that they included wasnt just cuttin it.

bluucrayonz, Dec 31, 2008
  18. JimmiG

ccuina

Quick update, just received CL's cases and very pleased. A1 fits inside very well and there's still ~1/2 inch gap horizontally where AC cord can be stored, and vertically pretty much same, so AC adapter would fit. Case has a couple of internal pockets one medium size where a mouse can be stored and a smaller one -ie for an SD card or similar, and there's a pen holder too. There's an outside pocket about 3/4 unit height with a magnetic closure, thus extra stuff could be carried. There's a detachable shoulder strap and overall case looks very good construction (ie solid stitches + screws on strap holders, etc). Of course larger than neoprene sleeves, but you get ~5mm padding on sides and bottom, as well as space for extra stuff.

ccuina, Jan 6, 2009
  19. JimmiG

jimel

I bought the bag for LGs netbook, good fit and in nice colours.

jimel, Jan 7, 2009
  20. JimmiG

woodland

woodland, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question