Simple bag or pouch for the AAO?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JimmiG, Nov 17, 2008.

1. JimmiG

Peaty

Awesome! just what I was looking for thanks. I was at TJ-MAX and got a Targus small case that is made for a portable DVD player for 10 bucks. It's like a mini messenger bag but lacks a good inside case, this will fit the bill nicely. I've uploaded a quick pic of the bag next to my AAO. And this is a link at Target for it too:

http://www.amazon.com/Targus-DVD-213US- ... 922&sr=8-8

It came with this suspension system for the DVD player I just removed the teathers. I can put the AAO on the thing you are supposed to store the DVD player in but it's not as handy as the case you posted. The bag is nice it has a fair amount of pockets to hold stuff and even a small holder for CD /DVD disks built in.

Peaty, Jan 8, 2009
  2. JimmiG

ccuina

Peaty, can't stop LOL with your new signature "..Now with a working mic..." I hope you'll enjoy for a long time.

BTW, nice case, absolutely great price

ccuina, Jan 8, 2009
  3. JimmiG

cigarman

I found a really nice leather zip bag that is for a bible in a local store. It cost about 5 bucks and fits the AAO with the 6 cell perfectly with just a little room for a tablet and such. The power supply fits in the outside pocket.

I also bought another nylon bible bag for 7 bucks that has the bible zip-sleeve on one end and a folded rucksack on the other side that zips. It is about 2 inches thick with the AAO inside and when the bag is opened the computer is on the padded bottom and there is another zip pocket on the outside. I plan on using that one for my Ipod, dop bag and books when I travel on a plane or in the car

cigarman, Jan 8, 2009
  4. JimmiG

mm9351

Just received the pouch from deal extreme and could not be more pleased. While there was a mild rubber scent it is not objectionable and goes away quickly after use. About the same odor intensity as the ink from the NY times! :roll:

I would like to thank the OP for finding this deal as it is a useful, everyday case that does the trick for less than $5 including shipping. Also shipping time from Hong Kong to NY in 4 days! :mrgreen:

mm9351, Jan 10, 2009
  5. JimmiG

gentleart

I bought a bag almost like this one. I love it because it has two zippered compartments - one for my AAO and the other for the power cord and any extras. Also, I can strap it in the car and use my AAO to watch movies.

Can someone give me an idea as to what the front flap is used?

[​IMG]

gentleart, Jan 10, 2009
  6. JimmiG

Peaty

That flap thing in front looks like a sleeve DVD holder if that's the item you mean.

Peaty, Jan 13, 2009
  7. JimmiG

gentleart

That is exactly what it looks like, but it doesn't open.
    It just....flaps. haha

I wish grandpa was still alive. He'd say, "It's there to make little girls like you ask questions." ;)

gentleart, Jan 14, 2009
  8. JimmiG

Peaty

It's not supposed to open, you just slide disks in the pockets AFAIK. Then put the whole deal in the big case.

Peaty, Jan 14, 2009
  9. JimmiG

gentleart

Oh, I see what you are looking at now and you must think I'M A huge IDIOT, but my case didn't come with that little removable sleeve. I'm wondering about the attached flap in the front of the case itself. lol

:lol:

gentleart, Jan 14, 2009
  10. JimmiG

Peaty

OK I see it now, in the pic it's hard to see compared to the DVD case thing :)

Peaty, Jan 14, 2009
  11. JimmiG

hemplacrosse49

Hey everyone just got in the DealXtreme pouch for just 5 USD with FREE SHIPPING. So just to give everyone a better idea on how it looks with the AAO 6 cell battery I took some pics(I'm bored). Also don't mind my posters haha. Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall I'm really happy with it. Does everything I wanted it to do, which is keeping my AAO safe. Plus it was cheap!

hemplacrosse49, Jan 15, 2009
  12. JimmiG

Peaty

Looks great, mine is on the way. Thanks for the pics. How long did it take to arrive?

Peaty, Jan 16, 2009
  13. JimmiG

hemplacrosse49

About a week and a half

hemplacrosse49, Jan 16, 2009
  14. JimmiG

drain

You can get this same neoprene sleeve at Walmart in several colors near the portable DVD section for about 6 bucks. :D

drain, Jan 17, 2009
  15. JimmiG

Ranger Wolf

I have a question to everyone that bought a pouch. I'm thinking of buying some sort of carrying case for mine,but I'm wondering one thing. is it really that useful to buy a small sleeve pouch when the acer already comes with one to protect it from scratches? seems more sence to buy a case if you have stuff to carry with it like the A/C, though i know not everyone has that need. I think i saw some pouches that could protect it more from a large bump then the leather sleeve but am i not seeing the difference?

Ranger Wolf, Jan 17, 2009
  16. JimmiG

gentleart

My AAO didn't come with a protective sleeve so I opted for a case to put everything in and for protection.

gentleart, Jan 18, 2009
  17. JimmiG

Peaty

Mine did not come with a case either other than that white sock type thing. I've been using that till the other sleeve comes in but it's started falling apart.

Peaty, Jan 18, 2009
  18. JimmiG

mikeswrx02

the guy above said $5 usd is incl shipping worldwide! also why u say u didnt get a pouch, aao all come with one! did u buy it when the packaging was opened? maybe they forgot to put back the case!

mikeswrx02, Jan 20, 2009
  19. JimmiG

Grim Squeaker

Most AAos do NOT come with the pouch. It is a matter of luck which batch you have.

Grim Squeaker, Jan 20, 2009
  20. JimmiG

Peaty

Mine did not come with a pouch and neither did the one I just picked up for a friend.

Peaty, Jan 20, 2009
Ask a Question