Skins

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by c7aig, Dec 13, 2008.

1. c7aig

c7aig

I have recently been looking into skins, after starting to notice the small scratches appearing on me aspire, i realy like the look of the ones on 3acp, but after shipping them to the UK it turns out to be about 54 dollars!, the same on ebay, does anyone know of any that are available from the UK? i wouldn't mind paying full whack if i was confident that i wouldn't muck it up while i put it on lol.

thanks in advanced...

c7aig, Dec 13, 2008
  2. c7aig

adrianaitken

LapJacks (sponser on top of most forums ?) for outer cover. eBay for keyboard surround (if you really need it).

adrianaitken, Dec 13, 2008
  3. c7aig

info

I don't know how much it would cost to get them to the UK, but I just saw these yesterday and they looked very nice.

info, Dec 13, 2008
  4. c7aig

nocturne1

Those look like the same ones as at istyles.com. I got a skin from them a few days ago - REALLY impressed with it!

nocturne1, Dec 13, 2008
  5. c7aig

info

After reading about the scratches, I am seriously considering these myself now. Thanks for the input nocturne.

info, Dec 14, 2008
  6. c7aig

nocturne1

Be sure to check http://www.retailmenot.com/view/istyles.com for any active coupon codes! :)

nocturne1, Dec 14, 2008
  7. c7aig

info

Ok, I will. Thanks for the heads up! :D

info, Dec 14, 2008
  8. c7aig

donec

The ones I have heard of are able to be place and then moved even to another machine. Of course with time I suspect it would stop adhering as well. So I don't see how you could "muck it up while i put it on".

donec, Dec 14, 2008
  9. c7aig

c7aig

thanks for all the replies, the only thing is, i really liked the 3acp ones because they supplied a peice for around the screen aswell, is there anyone other sites that have this???

c7aig, Dec 15, 2008
  10. c7aig

jpgirl

I wouldn't mind knowing if there are any other skin sites out there that provide the peice around the screen either.
    I would use 3acp but I am NOT paying $38 for shipping to Canada.
    That is a TOTAL rip off!

I am leaning to decal girl but they don't have any designs I REALLY like :(

jpgirl, Jan 9, 2009
  11. c7aig

donec

Can you do custom designs?

donec, Jan 10, 2009
  12. c7aig

kram

kram, Jan 10, 2009
  13. c7aig

RidicRick

At the moment we are not doing custom designs just because we are adding so many new products. But once we are done with that we will be. Probably a month or so.

RidicRick, Jan 10, 2009
  14. c7aig

heather

Anyone know anywhere that ships cheaply to the UK for complete skins? (Top, front of keyboard and around the screen)

heather, Jan 19, 2009
  15. c7aig

jpgirl

I just got my skin from Decalgirl.com yesterday and I have to say I am IMPRESSED!
    I have never applied such a nice skin in my life!
    Air bubbles just push right out because of the way the underside of the skin is made and they helped me immensely in coming up with the design.
    I found a design on their site that I liked (radiosity) but since I have a white AAO I wanted the background to be white instead of black. They inverted it for me, all the black bits white and all the white bits black.
    It included a skin for the rounded section at the top of the keyboard and a skin for the wrist wrest around the touchpad.
    My husband also got one for his iPhone.
    All this and they were super reasonably priced too![attachment=0:fwbule1v]DSC_1270a.JPG[/attachment:fwbule1v]

jpgirl, Jan 20, 2009
  16. c7aig

GvidoR

That skin is really nice, maybe I should get one myself.. :D

GvidoR, Jan 20, 2009
  17. c7aig

jono400

Now thats is nice, really suits the white acer. mind me asking how much postage was ?? delivery time ??

jono400, Jan 22, 2009
  18. c7aig

jpgirl

A couple of people have asked me about the skin prices, delivery and such so I'll post a copy of what I have said here as well for future reference. I am in NO WAY affiliated with decalgirl.com
    I just found they were an EXCELLENT company to deal with and they have an extremely WELL MADE and super easy to apply product! Prices are in USD$

They charged me 15$ for the acer aspire one skin
    Then an extra 5$ to customize it, which was inverting the colours, black background to white and invert the other bits, basically black to white and white to black.
    The acer aspire one skins come with a skin for the top of the lid, the wrist rest, and the rounded part with the lights just forward of the battery or below the LCD.
    and $7 for shipping but I am in Canada so I don't know if that would be any different for you.

So all together it was 27$, emails back and forth for a day and half to make sure design was right, place order on a saturday afternoon and it was here the next monday, so 9 days to arrive from time of order but again it was on a weekend and I am in Canada so it takes a little longer for the mail.

jpgirl, Jan 26, 2009
  19. c7aig

jono400

Okay thanks so much for the info, will drop them an email and see just how much postage to the uk would cost, to be honest I really like the idea off the additional wrist pad etc areas being covered and not all companies selling thses skins sell them complete with this area.

just need to decide which one to go for now ??!!

thanks again for your advice.

jono400, Jan 26, 2009
  20. c7aig

melhiore

Share this information when you get it please. I'm also interested in total price of one of their skins...

melhiore, Jan 26, 2009
Ask a Question